TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, March 3, 2011

What Makes our House a Home: Commitment to Christ

Howdy! This month I will plan to share with you: WHAT MAKES OUR HOUSE a HOME. I hope you'll join me and share Today's Lady Virtue with others as well!

In a sanctuary that large, I would’ve thought the message to be directed toward more people. Seriously, why would the Lord speak to me personally when a crowd filled that room? The spoken word that Sunday drowned my distractions. It suffocated my warring emotions. It was not an audible voice of God from the clouds as I imagine when I read of Jesus’ baptism, yet God’s voice whispered to my spirit within me through the pastor’s message: The Three Chairs. My life has never been the same. Neither has my family.

In about eight months, I was going to be a Mama. Young—20 to be exact. Yes, I’d soon marry my soul mate and we’d live with my in-laws while we finished college. More than the wedding and degree plans consumed me. We were going to have a family. To be parents. Mommy. Daddy. The Lord knitted our own little baby within me while I sat in my chair at church.

But what chair did I sit in? That was the pastor’s question. Who cares where I sit, anyway?

Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your ancestors worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15

Chair 1: Seat of Commitment to the Lord
1st generation

Chair 2: Seat of Compromise (serve other gods—gods of ancestors and of the people living around them)
2nd generation

Chair 3: Seat of Conflict
(If the 2nd generation is in the Seat of Compromise, where does that leave their children—3rd generation?)

I had a choice to make that day. A line of truth was drawn for me. “Where would you like to sit, my darling daughter?” my Father asked. His eyes were tender, His voice loving and kind. Wooed by His gentleness and humbly honored by my undeserved invitation to the King’s table, I walked toward the front of that huge sanctuary. My beloved Matt walked also alongside me. Together we crossed over the line set before us.

We were going to be parents. Mommy. Daddy. The Lord knitted our own little baby within me right then. God cares where I sit. He wanted me at His table. He wants YOU at His table. I faced the discipline of the holy and jealous lover of my soul, yet when I encountered Him, He assured me. “I am the Author and Giver of Life, grace, and truth. The truth is, you’re my daughter. You BELONG at my table. You’re loved, forgiven, and responsible for guiding this precious gift I’m fashioning in your womb. Shall we eat together?” He assures you the same.

But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15

Commitment to Christ is the FOUNDATION.
Building our family according to God’s Word and Way makes our house a home.

Who or what do you and your family serve?

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post. I really like that concept of which seat will you choose. I think it's one we're ask to choose again and again as situation arise in our families. Thanks!--Carla

    ReplyDelete