TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, March 21, 2011

What Makes our House a Home: The Jesus in my Alzheimer’s Days

There is no other foundation than Christ Jesus that my home is built upon. He IS my all in all. Jesus fills the very fiber of my being. He is my core. Every good, excellent, admirable, noble, true, pure, and praiseworthy thing in my life stems only from my Jesus. All things lovely in my home or me produce solely because of God’s love for me (for mankind), and Jesus’ redemptive work on the cross. So, while fruitful life is evident in my heart and home,

IT IS NOT BECAUSE OF ME!

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, THANK YOU. I’m grateful for your undeserved love, your ever-present help at this exact time and place, and that YOU ARE WITH ME because you live in me. As that old Chicago song goes, “You’re the meaning in my life. You’re the inspiration!”

So, today I’ll tell you that the Lord is working in my heart. He helps me to ENJOY my reality. To truly live, love, and laugh RIGHT NOW. Right here. Yes, in the stickiness. Underneath all the messes. While I’m waiting, and despite my heavy loads and “mores.” He’s just that present with me—EVER-PRESENT.

Part of fully living in my now means that I let things go. I allow myself to lower my guard. To breathe. To sense. To experience life with the real people that live under this roof.

The growth is slow. The progress is gradual. However, the more I give, the more I live. The more often I die to Shannon,” the greater my reward of fully experiencing a joyful life at this very moment.

Yes, it is hard. I need help from my Jesus.

Therefore, I stop and pray. Sometimes all I can muster is my simple, standard laundry room prayer, “Lord, help now!” Other times I ask, “Lord, help me to disengage from __________ (like my cleaning, cooking, writing, etc.), so I can ___________ (listen to my child, enjoy playing hide-and-go-seek, take a break to play outside with my kids, etc.).

This asking. This communing with my Lord is constant. It’s a “next step” sort of thing. I NEED JESUS’ DIVINE HELP for the various steps in my day. I just don’t possess the strength I need to handle my sticky messes without Jesus. I must remain in Him. I breathe a prayer to Jesus for help.

What about you?
How does Jesus help you enjoy your now, too?

So, my Jesus who helps me LIVE in these very moments, enables me to spend more and more Alzheimer’s Days with my husband and my children. This loving, this etching of memories on the mind, this laughing, this living becomes our way of life. And it all really goes back to the foundation—my Jesus—the Rock this home is built upon. Yes, this Jesus makes our house a home…then, NOW, and even when I get Alzheimer’s.



No comments:

Post a Comment