TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, April 21, 2011

Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Decide. Commit. Succeed. That's what I read on the cover of our P90X workout videos. Echoes of those three words follow me for several days. I mull over them. Related scripture verses pop into my mind over the course of time, and remind me of Jesus.

Decide. Commit. Succeed. Tony Horton promises me if I decide my body is worth it, and that by caring for it I will lead a more quality life here on earth--I will get results. He challenges me to "Bring It!" Show up for workout. DO the moves. Make the commitment to keep my commitment for 90 days. Then I will see results. Less body fat, more muscular strength and endurance, and ripped abs (likely underneath my baby badge of honor). If I commit to commit, I may never be featured on the cover of Fitness magazine, but I'll be able to do more pushups on Day 90 than when I began. Success.

Then it hit me while I was washing dishes. Decide. Commit. Succeed. That's exactly what Jesus did.

God decided long ago (rewind to the Garden of Eden) that He would make a way (Jesus) to redeem mankind from sin's penalty (death). Commit. Despite the unadulterated disobedience, addicted idolatry, and the stiff-necked tenacity of His chosen people, God didn't revoke His promise to bless Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He remembered His vow to King David--that He'd establish his kingdom FOREVER. And He would extend this salvation to non-Jews (Gentiles) too. God would accomplish His redemption plan by GIVING His One and Only Son--sinless, perfect, unblemished--to take on the punishment for sin that you and I deserve--death. Believe in Jesus. The trade? Our rags for Christ's riches. Success.

But WHY would Jesus do this? WHY would He suffer for me? For you? For mankind? 

Decide. Commit. Succeed. I'm convinced that Jesus SO KNEW the reward for the pain that He decided His unjust suffering was worth it. Having the body (as in the church) WITH HIM in eternity motivated Jesus. He wants us to be with Him and see His glory! Quality life? Absolutely. It will span all eternity with no more pain, tears, or sorrow. We won't even need any light, for Jesus IS the Light. Results. And Jesus did "bring it." To the disciples. To the lame, blind, and lepers. To the Pharisees. To the doubters. To the mockers. To the sinful woman--to THIS sinful woman. Jesus committed to commit to God the Father's redemption plan (not His will, but God's be done). He finished the work (33 years of earthly life and a cruel death). And the grave couldn't hold Him. Success.

So this Easter, let's just marvel at God's redemption plan. Let's praise Jesus for His obedience to His Father's plan. Decide. Commit. Succeed.  It is only by God's grace and Jesus' humility unto death on a cross for sinners that you and I can possess RESULTS. Right here. Right now. And for ALL ETERNITY!

Lord, I am overwhelmed with gratitude. Keeping a small commitment challenges me. But you decided LONG ago that I was worth it. That these sisters are worth it. You love us so much in spite of ourselves. You sent your one and only perfect Son, Jesus, to be the Savior of the world. Wow. What a commitment, but oh how I thank you for the results, the success that Jesus achieved! Accept our praise and thanksgiving, Lord. Jesus is ALIVE and so am I. So are we. Thanks for "bringin' it!" In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment