TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Thursday, April 14, 2011

What Makes our House a Home: The Forbidden “No” – Discipline Reaps a Harvest of Righteousness

Highly unpopular, often offensive, and not the most favored two-letter word helps make our house a home. It’s not an easy word to say. Groans, cries, moans, rolled eyes, huffs, puffs, and the like may result from uttering this pint-sized, yet powerful declaration.

Nevertheless, the person who accepts this assertion will gain wisdom, insight, knowledge, and understanding. They will learn how to become a master, not a slave. Fleshly appetites, foolishness, regret-filled living, and sin will characterize their life less and less, if they accept this mini but mighty word.

NO.

As a human being full of my own selfish desires and nature bent toward sin, I know the raging battle to accept a "No." Yet, as a woman who fears the Lord, I also know its rags to riches transforming power. When I accept God’s, “No,” I grow a heart of wisdom. Of insight. Of deeper knowledge of the mysteries of God hidden in Jesus Christ. I understand more spiritual truths while camping in this physical body. I'm learning to control my own body and not be a slave to my evil desires.

Do you like to tell yourself “No?” How to you receive a “No” answer from the Lord? Do you tell your children “No?” How do they receive your “No” answer?

But God tells His beloved children—daughters and sons—“No.” He does so purely out of lavish love for us. For me. For you.

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11
No. Not pleasant.

No. Actually painful.

No, but profitable in season.

No, but plentiful through perseverance.

No, but peaceful if withstanding the pain and unpleasantness of “No.”

When I accept God’s “No,” I trust His love for me. He has great plans for my future! The Lord will fulfill HIS purposes for me.

When the Lord tells us “No,”
Accept it and follow.
Opportunity to grow,
And God’s peace to know.


Click here and read comments for answer to mystery item pictured.


1 comment: