TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Monday, June 6, 2011

How to Know When God is Working & an Update

It seems so long ago...so surreal even...that once my home had only two children running around. Back then, I served as the Administrator of a national homeschool baseball program. The details are unimportant for this post, but a lesson the Lord taught me then, applies now.

God is ALWAYS working. Do you believe that? In the big and in the small--He is working.

I like to visualize God's work more like weaving. He purposefully and powerfully braids lives, circumstances, relationships, lessons, and so on through strands of His Presence, His Wisdom, and His Plan. I'm awed by the Weaver.

Prayer is how I realized that God still works, still weaves today. In the crunch of an administrative deadline, I'd breathe an arrow prayer, "Lord, will you help my little ones to sleep well during this naptime, so I can finish this assignment? It is due. Amen." With that open-handed, believing prayer, I'd type away at my computer. The provision was up to God, and the obedience up to me.

Friends, the Lord answered those prayers and caused my faith in Him to grow and grow. He provided EXACTLY what I needed, when I needed it! I trusted Him for His provision, committedly focused on my task at-hand, and witnessed the help, loving-care, and presence of the Lord in the small details of my domestic world.

I still recount God's faithful answers to those early prayers. They're stepping-stones that pave way for more faith today.

So, the lesson for me? God IS always working, but I experience the reality of it, WHEN I PRAY. I can trace His hand in my life, when I talk to Him. I suppose prayer is sort of like an invitation. I send it out and W A I T for the Lord's reply. He is faithful to RSVP...yes, no, or maybe. I thank Him for His answers.

This year I have offered many prayers to God--both big and small. Some have seemed impossible to me--I call them God-sized prayers. I've received yes, no, and maybe answers, too. In the meantime, I have had to W A I T...and continue the next step the Lord had directed me to take...nothing more, nothing less.

I suppose this is how life on earth will be until Jesus returns. God is always working.

Now, I told you in this post that today I'd provide a status update. Here it is.

1) Summer "blog-fast": No new posts from TLV, so I can focus on my book and website development.

2) God-sized prayer answered: The Lord has provided a babysitter/nanny to care for my kids 2x/week so I can work on my book! Long story short, a few friends of mine will "share" the nanny for various childcare needs this summer. Can you believe each one of us needed her on a different day of the week? The nanny needed work for each day. Those are just a few of many details the Lord wove together to provide and answer piles of prayers for several people. Only God can do that!

3) God's special provision: I will work with Lorraine Pintus, Author/Speaker/Writing Coach,  this summer through her Metochoi coaching services. I met Lorraine at the 2010 Intimate Issues Conference here in Austin. I'm honored to have the opportunity to collaborate with a God-fearing woman like Lorraine.

4) Summer Goals: finish Book I and finalize content for my website to launch in fall 2011.

5) I need prayer--in the big things and in the small. I'd cherish your prayer support. Contact me if you're interested in praying for the ministry of Today's Lady Virtue.

Past TLV updates:

Question about this post...Yes, I will keep writing. The "pause" I referred to was a brief break from blogging to make our family's summer plans. The mystery item pictured was a Pull-up that I accidentally washed!

This summer, may the Lord pour out His grace on your life and bless you with one blessing after another!

2 comments:

  1. Cute picture.
    Praying the Lord multiplies your work as as you work on your book this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May GOD's faithfulness be a continued encouragement in your life! Write on sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete