TLV Website: Now LIVE!

www.todaysladyvirtue.com

Skip over here to receive:

- Biblical and relevant blogposts for women of the 21st century

- Purpose, Perspective, Practical help

- My Poetry and Recipes

- Quarterly Newsletter and Resources--FREE!

- Connect and share stories with a virtuous community





Welcome Readers!

Welcome to my blog: Today's Lady Virtue. This site is for women--wives, mothers, singles, widows, family, friends, etc.! My heart is to share loving encouragement coupled with timeless truths from God's Word, the Bible, to enlighten, uplift, and empower women of today. At Today's Lady Virtue we're about "Reclaiming Virtuous Womanhood today the Time-tested Way!" Here you will find a variety of posts from poems, to "Put into Practice" principles, to pictures and more! I invite you to voyage with me on the quest to become Today's Lady Virtue.







Sunday, September 18, 2011

End-of-Summer Lament: But God's Good, to My Woe, "Adios!"

Back in the day, waaaayyy before my summer blogfast or when I sifted sticky from shattered--long before I learned about The 3-D's, I was a Brownie. No, not the a la mode one you eat sitting-in-peace-with-husband-and-hot-coffee post- kids’ bedtime, but the Girl Scout kind. A Brownie came with a troop, a vest, white button-down, and special uniform in brown. She also owned a Girl Scout Handbook. Inside it you'd find lyrics to Taps. You'll need these to transition with me to the fall


My reality since September 14th, y'all...Summer's gone and School's FULL "on."

Now for my End-of-Summer Lament...in the tune of Taps.

Woe is me, summer's gone!
Woe is he, woe is he, also he,
Woe is she, woe is he, woe are we.

Summer bright, wanes in sight,
Homeschool time, read and rhyme, add and write.
Better pray, Jesus save- Your burden light.

Thanks I give, Fully live
Laundry room, Lord, help now! Be with me!
Throughout home, children roam, protect thee!

End of day, Lord give rest.
Now we break, hubby mine, doing fine.
Patience has a re-set buut-ton!

Hides the sun, in the night,
Grant to me, and to thee peaceful sleep.
You are God, You are good, school's FULL "on!"

*Refrain mine:
No more woe, all gone woe, "Adios!"

*Plee-ease note: Stanza Two, Line Three

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Well, I missed you sisters over here on my little corner of the blogosphere, but I'll say without lament that God was amazingly, jaw-droppingly, omnipotently, in-blogfast-with-me--EVER-PRESENT.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


(Tune to Taps, Li-ine Two, Ditto please)
Details soon, I will share, maa-ny...
Website long a-wai-ted 'bout to bloom!
Chapter One, my 1st book, you can look.
When TLV goes live--please, OOPT-IIN!
My E-news, to you friend, I will send.
 *Plee-ease note: Stanza Two, Line Three
Now I pray to God for you and me!

*Refrain mine:
No more woe, all gone woe, "Adios!"


"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him" (NIV Psalm 34:8)

Holy God in heaven, I thank you for cyberspace. It's a tool so useful to connect. It's a place to post Your praise--and to high speed Living Truth worldwide! That excites and ignites me, God--not the power of electronics, but YOUR LOVE FOR PEOPLE all over the globe! I wouldn't have known that real people in other continents in addition to North America (Asia, Africa, S. America, Europe, and even Australia) read this blog except for my data-lovin' friend, G.A.--short for Google Analytics--told me. I met G.A. after a Wildfire I learned through at She Speaks. I'll admit. I'm stunned that the words You give me have voyaged across seas without getting wet.

You're Amazing, God. My Awesome God I pray for your Spirit to reach through these keys, over skies and through seas, then out of the screens to meet each TLV reader's needs in Christ Jesus. YOU are good and You are God--our EVERPRESENT, good God who always sees each person--through summers, screens, and seas.

In Jesus' name I pray, AMEN. 
No more woe, all gone woe, "Adios!"




No comments:

Post a Comment